Terms and Conditions
By registering for Antwerp Model United Nations Conference 2017 (8-12 MARCH 2017) (hereafter referred to as “AntwerpMUN vzw” or “AntwerpMUN” or “the organisation”) and using this website or the subscription for our activities you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
Liability of AntwerpMUN
- The organising team of the AntwerpMUN conference are all volunteers. The participant hereby agrees to indemnify the organisation against any and all losses, claims, costs, charges, expenses, damages and liabilities whatsoever which the participant may incur as a result of participation in the event.
- If your legal interests are infringed upon, AntwerpMUN vzw and each team member shall only be responsible for intent or gross negligence.
- You shall hold the student association AntwerpMUN vzw only accountable if other regress is unavailable.
- Participants are obliged to abide by the Belgian law during whole time of the conference. Any use of illegal drugs, criminal activities or any violations of the law will result in participant´s expulsion from the whole conference and the participant may be held criminally liable. In the case of the expulsion of participant no claims for refund can be made.
- AntwerpMUN vzw cannot be held responsible for any physical injury. Therefore, every participant is asked to carry his/her health insurance card at all times, so that in case of hospitalization or repatriation there will not be any problems.
- AntwerpMUN vzw cannot be held responsible for unforeseen situations or cases of force majeure such as delay, accident, strike, defect, weather conditions, theft, etc. that may cause additional transportation, accommodation or replacement costs.
Applying for AntwerpMUN 2017 will include giving us some personal data. This will we do with it:
- We will respect the participant’s privacy and acknowledges that the participant’s personal data is important to him/her.
- We will save and use the data for your participation at the conference.
- We reserve the right to transfer your data (in anonymised form) to sponsors for statistics and financing purpose.
- The conference will have an official photographer. The participant can be photographed and/or be filmed during the conference.
- AntwerpMUN vzw reserves the right to use any video or photo footage from the conference and social events for its website, social networks and further promotion of the event and/or for archival purposes.
- AntwerpMUN vzw claims copyright on all materials, photos, logos and articles on its website and social networks. No data can be used by third parties without the permission of the organisation or proper credit.
- The copyright of any such material shall be owned by the organisation without payment or compensation to the participants portrayed in the media.
Upon completion of the Delegate Registration Form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our Registrations Officer.
- To complete your application, we expect the full payment of your participation fee. Please note that your application is not successfully completed until we have received your pariticipation fee.
- Early Bird, First wave, and in case of a Second wave will work on a first come, first serve base. This means spaces are limited and finite, and a wave will close when the limit is fulfilled or the allotted time of the wave (fourteen days from its start, except for the First wave which runs until 23 December 2016) has passed.
- When this occurs, participants will have to oblige to the payment details of the next wave. Make sure you are quick, as spots can fill quickly.
- On the basis of the order in which we receive your payment, we will contact you again with details regarding the rest of your payment. While we will make great efforts to update public information on how fast spots are filling/or have sold out, please note you may just fall outside Early Bird or First Wave applications.
- When we have determined in which wave your application has fallen in, you will receive another e-mail with an invoice and payment details.
- After you have received the e-mail with invoice and payment details, you will be expected to pay the following amounts:
- Early birds: €60 for members and €65 for non-members from 14 November 2016 until 27 November 2016.
- First wave: €65 for members and €70 for non-members from 28 November 2016 until 23 December 2016 and during our late registration week which lasts from 13 February 2017 until 19 February 2017.
- Second wave: €75 for members and €80 for non-members, if deemed necessary by the AntwerpMUN team at a later period.
- NOTE: Spaces for each wave are limited, once the limit is reached the next wave will start. Limits are as follows:
- Early birds: 30 spaces
- Second wave: 60 spaces
- Please pay within 7 days of receiving your invoice. If we do not receive payment, we will not be able to further confirm your registration. Country and councils will only be allocated once BOTH payments have successfully been received.
In case of no approval by the jury and the organization, you will get the fee back. Accommodation expenses are not included.
Annulments and terminations
Every participant has the right to annul his/her participation only within the early bird and first wave's period. The following charges will be applied per annulment:
Until 31 December 2016:
- Aforementioned entrance fee minus the advance of €30 + possible additional expenses will be repaid to the annulling participant.
From 1 January 2017 until the start of the (MUN) event:
- The participant loses all claims to have his/her entrance fee refunded, and may be charged possible additional expenses.
In case of force majeure:
- The aforementioned entrance fee minus the “possible additional expenses” will be repaid to the annulling participant.
- Force majeure should be proven by the participant.
Dissolution by AntwerpMUN
AntwerpMUN vzw holds the right to dissolve a subscription without compensation if, before or during the event, extraordinary circumstances occur. However, these have to be circumstances that could not have been known to AntwerpMUN and that, if they had been known, would have been a valid reason to cancel the event or the accommodation.